This post features advice from experts in the trenches, a certificated staff as well as an administer, both from Cohort 2, Year 3. With only four weeks of school left, this is great advice to keep in mind.
Site Team Leads (Administrator) Advice:
- Make meaningful decisions as a team
- Get whole staff agreement on plan
- Include ALL credentialed AND classified staff
- Open training to ALL staff
- Revisit Restorative Practices with staff often
Certificated Staff Advice:
- Maintain consistency with school side implementation of restorative practices
- Hold regular staff discussions and trainings on restorative practices
- Students need ongoing weekly lessons on how they should be safe, respectful, and responsible at school.
Which of these advice tips can you use this week?
Image Source: advice-1564095 [pixabay.com]