Here are my favorite lids to collect for teaching children math skills. I’ve posted two of four parts in June and will post the last two skills subsequent to this blog post.
1. Laundry detergent lids are large, easy to manipulate, come in different sizes, and are bright colors.
2. Men’s & women’s shaving crème lids come in fairly good sizes, various colors, and many are dome shaped.
3. Large juice lids are easy to manipulate, colorful, have ridges, and come in different colors and sizes.
4. Hair product lids are usually cylinder shaped. Clear lids make it easy for children to see when they put treasures inside the lids.
5. Unusual lids are hard to find, but a great addition to any lid collection simply because they are different and interesting.
6. Just the opposite of unusual lids, are common lids. These are great when you need multiple lids the same color and/or size so the math concepts aren’t confusing for children. For example, lids for counting and creating patterns. What are your favorite lids for teaching children math skills?