With the shelter-in-place orders due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the restorative practices staff at Youth for Christ are planning a webinar, Self-care During the Corona Virus. I did research and chose 10 tips for the workshop. I thought you’d find some of the information and tips helpful as well. But first, I found something surprising.
It’s been shown that a period of just two weeks in quarantine can be linked with serious mental health issues, which can include: post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) symptoms, depression, confusion and/or anger.1
Since it has already been way longer than two weeks, chances are some of us are already suffering from mental health challenges. Get some help if you notice:
- “yourself feeling overly agitated,
- losing interest in life,
- withdrawing from relationships,
- eating or sleeping too much or too little, or
- experiencing other symptoms of depression or anxiety.”2
Together we can do this. I know that for me the days seem really long. Call a trusted friend or share with your spouse or partner. We do not need to go through this struggle alone.
- Make time for self-care during a self-quarantine, Published Mar. 18, 2020 https://www.geisinger.org/health-and-wellness/wellness-articles/2020/03/18/17/56/self-care-during-quarantine
- Self Care and COVID-19: Getting Ready for the Marathon, Doreen Dodgen-Magee, Psy.D. Posted Mar 19, 2020 https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/deviced/202003/self-care-and-covid-19-getting-ready-the-marathon
- Image: covid-19-4971811 [Pixabay.com]