Meet the Trainers
Trainer and Consultant: Dr. Marian Fritzemeier, Ed.D.
Marian is an author, speaker and educator. She’s a former college child development professor and high school teacher. Marian has teaching experience with all ages preschool through adults and is passionate about training educators.
- Ed.D. Educational Leadership and Organizational Studies
Emphasis in Adolescent Development, Juvenile Justice, and Public Policy
St. Mary’s College of California, Moraga
- Restorative Justice, Responsive Regulation and Complex Problems 4-Day Conference, The University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
- Implementation Science for Teachers and Administrators: Effective Implementation and Evaluation 2-Day Advanced Training, Longmont, CO
- International Institute of Restorative Practices (IIRP) 3-Day International Conference for 2 years, Bethlehem, PA.
- Restorative Leadership Development: Authority with Grace, 2-Day Training, IIRP, Bethlehem, PA
- CISM Application with Children, 14 hours, Orlando, FL
Trainer and Consultant: Ken Sylvia, M.A.
- Bachelor of Science: Business Administration, Human Resources, California State University, Stanislaus. Master of Arts: Youth Ministry Leadership (emphasis Adolescent Development) Huntington University, Huntington, IN
- Run school-based mentoring programs since 2008, managing $1.25 million of DOE and DOJ/OJJDP grants
- Present 175+ anti-bullying workshops for junior high & high school students and faculty
- Current Executive Director for Youth for Christ Central Valley
- Parent of a ridiculously cute, awesome special needs boy with cerebral palsy
Trainer & Consultant: Kourtney Kauffman, M.S., MFT Associate
Kourtney is Managing Director of Family Concern Counseling. She counsels and mentors youth and is an experienced case worker with foster youth and families. Kourtney is a trained Girls Circle Facilitator and has a wide variety experiences leading circles. Kourtney currently facilitates three, two-hour Circles Trainings: Introduction to Circles; Building Community Through Circles, and Using Circles to Respond.
- Master of Arts: Psychology, emphasis in Counseling at
California State University, Stanislaus
- Trained Girls Circle Facilitator
- Implementing Restorative Practices in Schools; Effective Use of Restorative Circles; Facilitate Restorative Justice Conferences; and Family Engagement & Empowerment, 4-Day Training by International Institute of Restorative Practices (IIRP)
Trainer & Consultant: Samantha Tallon, MS, MFT Associate
Bachelor of Science – Human Services, University of Phoenix.
Master of Science – Marriage, Family and Child Therapy, University of Phoenix
- Associate Marriage and Family Therapist with Youth for Christ/Family Concern Counseling providing services for families, couples, adolescents, and adults.
- School-based clinician services at elementary and secondary sites in Stanislaus County.
- Volunteer and mentor for incarcerated adolescents through the Youth for Christ, Juvenile Justice Program.